Functions ported from DBOS
This section contains information about functions that feature in the Silverfrost
DOS (DBOS) graphics library. It describes the extent to which this library has
been ported to ClearWin+. The following classification of DBOS graphics
functions can be made in relation to ClearWin+.
1. Functions that are useful in new programs (marked
�). Some of these will have identical usage under ClearWin+ to that
under DBOS. For some the functionality is slightly different. Details are given
in the Library reference.
2. Functions that can be used in new programs (marked
�) but for which there is a suitable alternative. Details for these
functions are given in the ClearWin+ User's Supplement. A table of the
alternative routines is given at the end of this appendix. The alternatives are
documented in this guide.
3. Functions that could be ported from existing DBOS programs but
which should not be written into new programs because there is a better
alternative under ClearWin+ (marked �). A table
of alternative routines is given at the end of this section.
4. Functions which have no operation or are not useful under
ClearWin+ but can be left in old programs that have been ported from DBOS
5. Functions which have not been implemented under ClearWin+ (marked